Tuesday 9 August 2011

What a Load of Rubbish

We rented a DVD at the weekend called "Sucker Punch".  It was a 12 and Scary said it was about 'girl power'.  Both our students are 13 and I am always very careful about only letting them see films within their age limits because although my girls watch older stuff, I know what they can cope with.  Scary, for example, is fine with any amount of blood and gore but doesn't like things with spiders in; Starfish is fine with sci fi violence (loves Terminator) but scarpers if there's any sex; the Runner is a complete wuss about anything psychological and I'm OK with anything except Jurassic Park - dunno what it is about those dinosaurs!

Ugh, what a dreadful film!  It's one of those that you don't know what is real and what is imaginary.  It starts off with some girl getting blamed for killing her sister (even though the step-father did it) and being put in an institution where she is going to be lobotomised.  Nice, so far, eh?  Then it jumps to a world where she is about to become a prostitute and they are selling her virginity.

Bearing in mind this is a certificate 12!

At this point, I turned it off and we watched Ice Age!

I do love that squirrel!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. See you again soon I hope!