Friday 26 August 2011

Start of Birthday Celebrations

We started the birthday celebrations today (after I'd tidied up from yesterday of course).  A bit early as the first birthday isn't until 3rd September but we do like to spread it out.

It started with Pizza Hut (the girls' favourite, but not necessarily mine).  I got into trouble because I had pasta!  I don't think men understand why you would go somewhere you don't especially like, just because everyone else likes it!  As usual, we couldn't get through the meal without Scary and the Runner having a highbrow scientific discussion/argument/heated debate.  Tonight it was the possibility of travelling at the speed of light and some newly discovered planet and it's composition.  May I remind you that this is in Pizza Hut.  Not sure what the next table thought about our conversation but they were remarkably quiet!  At least I managed to surreptitiously tip the waitress whilst Scary distracted the Runner by asking him about thermo dynamics.

Then we went to see the Rise of the Planet of the Apes.  Again, not what I would have chosen, but it's only me that fancies Daniel Craig in this house.  It wasn't too bad, actually.  I thought it was going to be dreadful and took my MP3 just in case I couldn't stand it, but it was very well made and a reasonable story.  Scary spent most of the time crying about how they treated the chimps though.

Oh well, back to the grindstone tomorrow.  More students arriving tomorrow night and not a bathroom cleaned, nor any beds ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. See you again soon I hope!