Monday 1 August 2011

July = Cake

July seemed to be full of cake. We started with a rather nice tea party.

Cucumber sandwiches:


Some freshly baked scones:


with lashings of clotted cream and jam, then baby Cornish pasties, chocolate oat biscuits, ham sandwiches, seed cake, etc.  Choice of normal tea or iced,


and topped off with an M & M Cake:


High Tea.  My favourite.


Then we moved on to a Good Luck cake for the Year 6 children at the Primary School Prom.  Mine are well away from primary now but a couple of friends have children in their last year and I made it for them.


On the same day, I was also making a three layered chocolate cake, but in the rush to get them finished, I forgot to take a photo!

Then, after all that, we had the Lemonade Stall at our Annual Charter Day in town and of course I couldn't just stop at homemade lemonade; I had to go with some lemony favourites as well:


Phew, what a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. See you again soon I hope!