Wednesday 21 October 2009

Starching my Boo!

Do you like my Spooky Little Ghost? The pattern is on the Lion Brand Yarn website but you may need to subscribe to their newsletter to access it, I'm not sure. Here's the link anyway: Ghost. Just as an aside, I would ignore the word 'around' in the instructions. I found that rather confusing; however, it might be just me!

I'm a little late, this was meant for Sunday, but we have been a little unnerved by Father-in-Law being taken into hospital, so my apologies.

A while ago I had a seed of an idea. Not a big runner bean seed. More like a lettuce seed. Small and very delicate and easily blown away. It whizzed around my head for a bit and the demon on my left shoulder was telling me I couldn't do it.

When I was a little girl I used to make up knitting patterns for clothes for my dolls but since then, I've been a Strictly by the Pattern Girl. I have a friend who mixes patterns up; she takes the motif from one (usually fair isle to use up wool from a previous project), the design from another and then fits a different collar onto it. And then maybe shortens the sleeves. This brings me out in a Cold Sweat.

So anyway, the Angel on my right shoulder must have taken a drink or two to bolster it's confidence because I thought 'what the hell' and 'who's going to know if I cock it up?'

So this is how it started. Three letters can't be hard, can it? A few attempts and I had a rather curled and disconnected BOO. Marathon Runner rang from work at this point. He was bored. Just in case I was having more fun than him, what was I doing? Starching my boo, I said. Silence. Suddenly he had to go.

What to do with it now? Just a crochet chain? That just seemed a trifle plain. So we went for some dripping blood. What do you think? Not the most brilliant picture, but I just had to show you and the light here today is dreadful. In the next few days I will try and write out my instructions but I think I will make another one first, just to test it. That demon is still telling me that there must be something wrong with it.

See you soon



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. See you again soon I hope!